This workshop is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to our waiting list for the next event, please contact the Training and Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How are teaching staff in different curriculum teams contributing to the Prevent Duty by actively promoting British values? Do they take advantage of what is going on in the world? Do business staff understand their role in contributing to the Prevent Duty by promoting British values? How are all staff preparing learners thoroughly for life in Britain’s complex multicultural society?
To achieve ‘outstanding’, Ofsted expect colleges to plan the promotion of British values ‘at the heart’ of what they do. This means colleges need to take a whole-college approach to this agenda.
Fully integrating and promoting equality, diversity and British values is an essential part of your journey to outstanding and beyond.
But what if staff feel uncomfortable with the term ‘Fundamental British Values (FBV)’? How do we ensure student and staff buy-in?
This highly practical and engaging workshop will provide you with the tools to actively promote British Values at your college.
Who should attend:
- Senior leaders
- Quality, curriculum, student support managers
- Equality and Diversity and safeguarding leads
- All staff with an interest in the topic
Objectives for the day
- Understand Ofsted expectations for promoting fundamental British Values (FBV), appreciating context, issues, opportunities and the need for a whole-college approach
- Appreciate practical implications for promoting British values and recognise the links between promoting British values, implementing the Prevent duty, safeguarding and integrating equality and diversity across college practice
- Examine a framework for taking a whole-college approach
- Consider the practice of outstanding providers
- Consider how inspection requirements to promote learners’ Spiritual, Moral Social and Cultural development (SMSC) ties in with promoting FBV
- Explore how to actively promote FBV within the learners journey, including induction, tutorials, classroom practice, workplace learning and learner voice
- Consider strategic issues and challenges, examine sector challenges and case studies of best practice, and evaluate your own practice
- Appreciate the benefits of promoting FBV and take learning back to implement the approaches provided
Benefits of attending
- Secure a whole-organisational commitment
to promoting British Values
- Maximise the benefits of promoting British values, making certain that this impacts positively on your inspection outcomes
- Establish a culture where there is shared commitment to value diversity and respect difference.
AoC Member = £288.75 + VAT (£346.50)
Non-Member (College/Public Sector) = £346.50 + VAT (£415.80)
If you need accommodation please call Conference Care, our preferred supplier, on 02476 369720 and let them know you are attending an AoC Create workshop.
9.30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Workshop starts
16.00 Workshop ends
AoC Create also offers the Actively Promoting British Values: Taking a Whole College Approach programme and a wide range of other programmes as bespoke in-house training, customised to suit you and your colleagues’ needs.
To find out more details, please contact Stephanie Van Der Wens, Training and Development Executive via email or on 0207 0342 640.
Christine brings up-to-date knowledge of how to fully integrate, embed and promote equality, diversity and British values. Nationally recognised as an expert, she has worked with over 250 providers, supporting a significant number to achieve outstanding status for E&D at inspection. She has helped thousands of staff improve their practice. She uniquely combines an ability to inspire with extensive experience and an in-depth knowledge of best practice. Her training events are engaging, interactive and highly practical.