Deadline to register is 23 May.
Effective internal communication is an essential ingredient in staff engagement and all that entails – including staff satisfaction, retention, recruitment and broader considerations such as quality of teaching and support services. As colleges continue to wrestle with funding and policy developments that have significant implications for culture and change management, good internal communications becomes even more substantial.
This workshop is designed to help senior and communications managers improve team communication. It will tackle the following three areas:
- Examining common, general issues – including what college staff want, what good internal communication looks like and its positive benefits for colleges
- What needs to change among individuals, teams and colleges and why
- Strategies and tactics (including tips and techniques) to empower those changes
This workshop includes analytical elements to help delegates understand specifically what the major challenges facing their organisation in relation to internal communication are, and provides the tools to address those challenges.
Delegates will develop their understanding of:
- effective internal communication
- institution, manager and individuals’ roles in engaging and involving staff
- how to deliver effective communication in a college setting – including:
- managing meetings
- delivering difficult messages
- internal communication in a merger setting
- delivering praise
- interpreting messages
- collecting/sharing feedback
By attending this workshops, delegates will:
- develop an understanding of internal communications best practice and cultures
- be better prepared to support line managers to interpret and share messages on behalf of the organisation
- have developed an understanding of where there are challenges to effective communication in their organisation and how to overcome these
The workshop consists of a mix of presentation, discussion, group work, audiovisual content.
AoC Member = £288.75 + VAT (£346.50)
Non-Member (College/Public Sector) = £346.50 + VAT (£415.80)
(Refreshments and lunch included)
If you need accommodation please call Conference Care, our preferred supplier, on 02476 369720 and let them know you are attending an AoC Create workshop.
Ben is managing director of Chalkstream, an agency specialising in reputation and communication research, consultancy and training. Ben is the former Communications Director at the Association of Colleges, one of 50 Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioners in the world and a chartered status assessor. He is a judge on several national public relations awards and a regular speaker on communication, reputation and market research. He has managed and taught on a variety of crisis management, internal communications, research, strategy and reputation leadership courses for college, university and school teams and leaders over the past decade.