Bringing FE football, sport and physical activity together in our mission to get every student active
We’re delighted to confirm the AoC Sport summer conference and ECFA National Football Conference have joined forces once again to deliver one, improved and integrated conference for further education. The conference will highlight the important role our sector plays in getting more young people active, whilst looking at how young people are benefiting through education, employment and health outcomes.
The conference will feature workshops, engaging presentations and discussions across a wide range of topics of relevance to all football, sport and physical activity delegates.
As ever, the conference offers the valuable opportunity for you to network with colleagues across England.
The AoC Sport and ECFA National Conference is your opportunity to…
- Gain support and guidance from industry experts
- Network with colleagues from across the Country
- Share and learn from best practice in the sector and wider industry
- Influence the future of football and futsal pathways through the ECFA Competition Review
- Receive the latest updates on policy, funding and programmes that will affect football, sport and physical activity participation and delivery
- Engage with keynotes and workshops to generate ideas on how to get more students active whilst delivering FE outcomes
- Discuss the importance of developing a diverse future workforce and future sports leaders and the essential role you play in this movement
- Explore how staff can promote physical literacy in sport and physical activity
- Share insight and discuss successes on the key drivers that enable young people to lead active lives
- Hear from experts across the fields of football, futsal, sport, physical activity and business
- Share practice on how football and sport can be used to tackle inactivity and improve physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, individual development, social and community development and economic development.
- Devise tactics for future proofing college football and sport through apprenticeships
- Share practice on developing elite performance programmes
- Engage with relevant exhibitors to explore valuable offers for delegates.
Who should attend:
From Sport and Physical Activity:
- Sports development staff in colleges and those working with FE
- Tackling Inactivity in Colleges lead staff
- Leaders with strategic responsibility for sports programmes in FE
- Students support and services staff
- Those with responsibility for college health and wellbeing programmes
- Sports coaching staff
- Any staff who work on football / futsal
- Football and Futsal Development staff
- Football and Futsal coaches, administrators, apprentices
- Strategic leads using football / futsal to deliver college outcomes
- County Football Associations
- Leagues and Clubs working with / in FE
- ECFA partners and sponsors
- Organisations with an interest in football and education
De Vere Jubilee Conference Centre
Triumph Road Jubilee Conference Centre
AoC Sport Member Colleges: £160 + VAT
AoC Member Colleges: £200 + VAT
Affiliate organisations: £200 + VAT
Non-Member (College/Public Sector): £200 + VAT
*Non-Member (Commercial): £750 + VAT
*Limited to one person per company
Fees include lunch and refreshments.
If you need accommodation please call Conference Care, our preferred supplier, on 02476 369720 and let them know you are attending an AoC Conference.
If you would like to sponsor or exhibit at the event, get in touch with our sponsorship team or call 020 7034 2626
Learning is a journey of discovery, challenge, inspiration, and wonder. As the world’s learning company, we’re inspired by the way education transforms lives. Pearson has been an expert in designing and supporting the delivery of sport qualifications for over 20 years – working closely with teaching professionals, employers and professional bodies to ensure that our qualifications meet the needs of the sector now, and in the future.
1st4sport create partnerships with organisations to create industry-specific provision for the Sport, Physical Activity and Well-being sector, including vocational qualifications, ACTIVTECHs – sport and physical activity qualifications approved for Performance Tables and UCAS tariff points – End Point Assessment and an Endorsement Service, offering the opportunity for non-regulated provision to be recognised by and certificated through 1st4sport. Supported by key industry organisations, we continue to ensure that our service offer reflect the current needs of the industry.
National Governing Body
British Rowing, as the governing body for the sport, is responsible for the development of rowing in England and the training and selection of rowers to represent Great Britain. British Rowing is currently rolling out a new health and fitness-focused indoor rowing participation programme called Go Row Indoor, aiming to get more people indoor rowing whether this is for fun, fitness or competition. The programme has tailored a suite of products for the college sector including fitness professional instructor training, classes challenges, activations, support and guidance on how to get more college students active through indoor rowing.
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams. Delivering precision engineering at the intersection of sports science and analytics, Catapult products are designed to optimise performance, reduce injury risk, and support return to play. Providing advanced wearable, athlete management and video analysis technologies, Catapult works alongside the world’s leading sports organisations. Today, Catapult has over 350 staff based across 24 locations worldwide, working with over 2,500 elite teams.
Gym and Fitness
Lifestyle Fitness is the UK-leader in high quality fitness solutions for the education sector and local communities. Working with leading brands of equipment, Lifestyle Fitness provide premium commercial fitness clubs with no capital expenditure required from the school or college. Lifestyle Fitness are on a mission: to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of our members during their time with us, by encouraging them to participate in and maintain a more healthy, active lifestyle.
Sports and Training Equipment
Matrix Fitness is the commercial division of Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd. (JHT), which was founded in 1975, and is one of the world’s fastest-growing commercial fitness brands offering a complete range of premium cardiovascular and strength-training equipment for facilities in all market sectors. Matrix also offers a comprehensive backup support service; incorporating facility design – from practical 2D drawings, to state-of-the-art 3D rendered visuals and walkthroughs – finance solutions, marketing support, product education, and competitive warranty and maintenance contracts.
Leading UK awarding body, OCR, provides sports qualifications to suit any student from Entry level, GCSE and Cambridge Nationals through to Cambridge Technicals and A Levels.
Gym Equipment Supplier
Perform Better are the UK’s leading and most innovative supplier of Performance Monitoring, Sport Science and Strength and Conditioning Equipment specialising in the Professional Sports and Education markets. We provide a full bespoke package in the design, supply and installation of Elite Strength and Conditioning training facilities, from flooring to customised equipment with your School’s own colour and branding. From mini bands to full gym installation, we’ll meet all your needs.
Sports Leaders – Achievement is more than just exam results Sports Leaders has created and delivered over 1.3m Leadership Qualifications & Awards to young people. Visit us on stand 11 and discover how our range of Qualifications and Awards develop essential employability skills and can be used to evidence the new Ofsted Framework.
Independent sports pitch consultants providing specialist services and expert advice to deliver facilities including synthetic pitches, MUGAs, tennis courts, athletics tracks and natural turf pitches. With a wealth of industry knowledge, we guide our clients through every stage of a project, whether a new build or refurbishment.
Veo is a complete and affordable solution that help football clubs, both big and small, record and analyse their matches and training sessions, eliminating the need for a cameraman.